This is yet another fun and easy dish using wontons! For more of my wonton creations, click here and here.
Bacon Egg White Wontons!
I used taco seasoning to give these bites a good old kick in the who-ha. I’m sure the more typical combo with taco seasonings would have been sausage, but I lack ordinary and I didn’t have any on hand .
This dish is really something you could make for breakfast lunch or dinner. Whole eggs would be ok too, I was just trying to lighten up the calorie count.
You will need:
12 wonton wrappers
12 egg whites
cheddar cheese, shredded
bacon, cooked and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375. Spray muffin tin and line a wonton wrapper in each cup.
2. Add a few pieces of chopped bacon to each cup.
3. In a bowl, whisk egg whites, 2-3 tablespoons of salsa and about a tablespoon of taco seasonings.
4. I believed I used a 1/4 measuring cup to pour egg whites into each cup and that worked well. Either way, pour egg white mixture evenly into 12 cups.
Not the prettiest picture. Don’t worry, they taste good and cheese makes everything pretty!
5. Top each cup with a sprinkle of cheese. I used cheddar but jack would be good too!
6. Pop I oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
7. Top with sour cream, cheese, chives or salsa. Serve!